Diabetes Peer PRN Dallas
Location: Texas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20001090
- Assists with the tailoring of a faith-based diabetes educational program that is relevant to the unique beliefs of the Diabetes Peerï¿½s faith community.
- Promote the provision of culturally competent care by educating DHWI staff about beliefs and practices within their faith community.
- Recruit fellow parishioners who have diabetes to participate in a diabetes education program.
- Collaborates with Community Health and Diabetes Educators in supporting prescribed therapies.
- Promote the provision of culturally competent care by educating DHWI staff and others within the health care system about beliefs and practices held by their faith community.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White - South Dallas Health & Wellness Institute
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Southern Sector Health Initiatives
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ PRN; scheduled as needed
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- High School diploma/GED Equivalent.
- Knowledge of the geographic area, the community and its resources.
- Cultural competency related to health practices.
Community / Marketing Title: Diabetes Peer PRN Dallas
Location_formattedLocationLong: Texas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.