Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20000576
The Multi-Modality Sonographer performs any combination of basic to advanced ultrasound services and procedures for patients, which may include: abdominal, Ob/Gyn, cardiac, vascular, musculoskeletal and small parts. This position analyzes the patientï¿½s clinical history in order to identify the purpose of the examination and frames the clinical questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Multi-Modality Sonographer will prepare patients for procedures and identify abnormalities specific to the procedure and extend the scope of the examination. The Sonographer will also act as a resource to other staff, physicians and students regarding equipment, techniques, procedures and studies to optimize patient care and implement protocols as new technology evolves.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of anatomy, physiology, infection control, complex sonography principles, instrumentation, techniques and patient privacy laws. The ideal candidate must have communication, written and computer skills, be familiar with approved clinical protocols and meet all of the qualifications and requirements for any two of the following modalities: Ob/Gyn, cardiac, vascular, musculoskeletal, or small parts. Pediatric and adult scopes are considered separate specialties by certification.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital - Dallas
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time - 4 ten hour shifts; 7:00am - 5:30PM
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: Graduate of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years' experience required
- CERTIFCATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Must have two of the following:
Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), Pediatric Echocardiography (PE), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), RDMS-Pediatric Sonography (PS), Registered Musculoskeletal Sonographer (RMSK), Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS), Registered Vascular Tech (RVT)
Community / Marketing Title: Multi-Modality Sonographer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.