Mgr Therapeutic Radiology
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20001121
The Manager of Radiation Oncology is responsible for assisting the Director in the management, planning, organizing and improvement of the work processes of Radiation Oncology services and any other areas within the organization as instructed by the Director. The Manager of Radiation Oncology performs department orientation, teaches, coaches and supervises staff. The Manager of Radiation Oncology ensures the organizationï¿½s vision, mission, values and goals are understood and adhered to. The Manager of Radiation Oncology recommends and assists in development of policies and procedures to comply with regulatory organizations and Baylor Scott & White Health philosophy.
The Manager of Radiation Oncology job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Clinical Leaders and staff to conduct multidisciplinary staff meetings to ensure consistent and timely communication throughout the department.
- Encourages employees to participate in the Employee Satisfaction Survey, Patient Safety survey and other areas providing results to staff and initiates a plan of action related to areas of improvement.
- Provides the Director feedback related to new equipment and services needed to continue growth and opportunities to retain current when volumes drop or if Strategic Opportunities present.
- Collaborates with Management to develop a budget for areas of responsibility and oversees the performance.
- Monitors operational targets for areas of responsibility and implements corrective action plans for negative productivity and operating expense variances in productivity reports, the month Budgetary reports and the overall services.
- Holds management team and staff accountable for service excellence in their areas of responsibility including establishing performance goals, monitoring them and working toward achieving them.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with physicians and other medical center departments in order to gather and exchange information, develop and implement solutions to problems.
- Ensures quality of service with respect to turnaround times, quality of procedures performed and working toward meeting and achieving benchmark goals.
- Monitors, evaluates and modifies staffing patterns in order to properly utilize assigned staff to provide services in assigned areas; prepares and modifies work schedules as needed to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts; approves paid time off, sick time and leave of absence requirements for assigned staff.
- Identifies patient service requirements by utilizing AIDET when communicating with patients to ensure they perform the correct exam on the correct patient, establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand the service requirements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures the safety of patients, staff, and individuals within the infection-control standards including overseeing the monitoring and screening of individuals entering treatment according to policies and procedures approved by the department.
- Participates in shared governance, department, hospital, or professional organizations and committees. This can also include LEAN initiatives, 5S projects, inter-departmental committees, or any professional organization participation, QC assurance with Radiation Oncologist etc.
The ideal candidate for the Manager of Radiation Oncology will be able to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending staff meetings, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Radiology
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time Days
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Bachelorï¿½s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ Years Experience
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T) Certification
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr Therapeutic Radiology
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.