Outpatient Pharmacist - CDM (Temple)
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20002149
The Outpatient Pharmacist for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) ensures the effective, safe and economical use of drugs through the professional application of pharmacist skills and knowledge and serves as a resource for drug information other health and medical professionals and supervises a team of technicians and clerical personnel to effectively operate a retail prescription center.
In addition, the Outpatient Pharmacist for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
Interprets and reviews prescription instructions and ensures that patient medication orders are appropriately prescribed for each patient.
- Organizes and performs all aspects of daily pharmacy dispensing practice in a professional and accurate manner adhering to all established policies and procedures in compliance with all state and federal legal requirements.
- Verifies that each prescription is accurately filled with the correct medication, in the appropriate dosage, and in the correct quantity.
Serves as a resource and educator on drug therapy and prescription drug plans for medical team members, patients, and patient family members as required.
- Maintains a current professional knowledge of drugs, drug therapies, and current formulary and shares information appropriately.
- Supplies necessary and requested pharmaceutical information and education to patients and patient family members in a professional, accurate and courteous manner.
- Functions as an educator on drug therapy to physicians, nurses, pharmacy technicians and patients providing accurate, thorough and up-to-date information as required.
- Demonstrates understanding of third party plans which have prescription drug coverage through SWHP and is able to discuss accurately with patients the coverage and limitations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of SWHP provider network and explains the fill and refill process to patients accurately.
Supervises and monitors the duties of technicians and clerical personnel assigned within the retail pharmacy. (with team leaders, if available in the store.)
- Monitors and reviews the work of subordinates to ensure compliance with all professional standards and departmental policies and procedures.
- Intervenes, corrects and educates subordinates in appropriate methods and procedures when necessary as it relates to the dispensing process.
Maintains and monitors system and controls within the retail pharmacy related to computer system, inventory, purchasing and quality control of drugs and products.
- Maintains a complete understanding and ability to maintain information on the pharmacy computer system.
- Supervises inventory, purchasing and quality control of drugs and products.
The ideal candidate will have two to three years of experience in retail pharmacy and the ability to supervise a staff of technicians and clinical personnel.
- Baylor, Scott & White - CDM (Temple)
- pecialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Pharmacy
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ FT
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD
Community / Marketing Title: Outpatient Pharmacist - CDM (Temple)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.