Physician Assistant Cardiac Surgery
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20002319
The Physician Assistant (PA) Surgical Specialty is a licensed, certified, non-physician healthcare provider who actively renders direct patient care and possesses delegated prescriptive authority, is credentialed, privileged, and whose service is billed as an independent billing provider, as recognized by Medicare and Medicaid within the healthcare systems, and in accordance with the appropriate board. The PA provides medical care based upon the scope of practice as delineated by the supervising physician.
Surgical providers care for both adult and pediatric patients, and specialize in General Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurology, Otolaryngology, Cardio Thoracic, Cosmetic, Vascular, Trauma, Transplant, Urology, Plastics and other surgical specialty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes, recommends and employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures, performs indicated procedures in accordance with approved policies with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost.
- Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team members when appropriate. Evaluate patient response to health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: Graduate of an Accredited Program is required
- CERTIFCATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
Physician Assistants (PA) License is required
- Vein Harvesting Experience Required
Community / Marketing Title: Physician Assistant Cardiac Surgery
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.