Certified Anesthesia Tech - (Flexible Shift)
Location: Plano, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20003905
The Certified Anesthesia Tech performs technical functions relating to the administration of anesthesia under the direction of an Anesthesiologist including set-up, preparation, troubleshooting, evaluation, and operation of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Participates in the physiological monitoring of patients and the preparation of drugs, fluids, anesthetics, and equipment for procedures requiring anesthesia.
- Determines equipment and supply needs and prepares rooms for procedures to include setting up sterile trays.
- Assists in inserting arterial catheter needles and brachial and internal jugular catheters, attaches to transducers and flushes with saline solution, obtains arterial blood gasses and assists in the analysis of blood gases.
- Monitors and transports patients.
- Complies with safety and infection control standards and environmental practices.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of anesthesiology principles and practices, and will be very knowledgeable about medical equipment and supplies utilized in anesthetic procedures. He/she will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, operating room preparation skills, and have the ability to react calmly in emergency situations.
Specialty/Department/Practice - Anesthesia Services
Shift/Schedule - Part Time (Flexible Days)
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes the following.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Graduate of an accredited program required
- 2 years of related experience required
- BLS certification required within 30 days of hire
- Certified Anesthesia Tech required
Community / Marketing Title: Certified Anesthesia Tech - (Flexible Shift)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plano, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.