RN Continuing Care Hospital
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20004510
Baylor Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital , Temple TX
Full Time 12 hour shifts
Our facility cares for Medically Complex patients that require special care
Patient ratios are 3/1 in critical care and 5/1 in acute care/skilled areas
Pathway to Excellence recipient
The Registered Nurse (RN) exhibits and executes Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) Values & Behaviors in delivering and coordinating patient care. Utilizing the BSWH nursing professional practice model, the RN is a licensed professional who is responsible for:
- using clinical reasoning
- developing, implementing and evaluating the nursing plan of care
- managing both emotional and physical patients
- assessing patient and family level of understanding to provide effective communication and education
- working collaboratively with medical staff
- providing quality care in a compassionate and professional manner
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) position will be compassionate, caring and experienced in developing/implementing the plan of care for each patient, making recommendations for patient interventions, and collaborating with other health care providers to deliver care and document outcomes. The successful candidate must promote safe passage for their patients by using knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- Location/Facility - Baylor Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital Temple
- Specialty/Department/Practice - LTACH
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Graduate of an accredited Program required
Registered Nurse (RN) license required
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire required
2+ Years of experience required
Note: If you have less than 6 months of experience, we recommend that you apply to our nursing internship program. Internships are available for new graduates and experienced nurses in a variety of specialties. New classes begin in January, June, and September.
Community / Marketing Title: RN Continuing Care Hospital
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.