Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20004773
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a board certified or board eligible Psychiatrist to join an outstanding psychiatry program. The Psychiatry physician will provide direct patient care. This is an employed position with a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package and no state income tax.
The ideal Psychiatry Physician is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. The Psychiatry Physician should be able to independently administer and interpret routine and special diagnostic test in an expedient and professional manner. Candidates should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, agencies and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple is a 636-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital located in Temple, Texas. In 2018, the hospital was ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and one of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs that includes specialties in emergency medicine and radiology, and offers a well-established and respected chaplain resident program.
About Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center
Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center is a 112-bed full-service children's hospital with 48 medical/surgical rooms and 16 private Pediatric ICU rooms. The hospital has a 24-hour pediatric emergency department, a trauma center and an advanced diagnostic imaging center. The hospital offers a pediatric residency training program to prepare the next generation of competent and caring physicians.
About the Community
Regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and ranked 6th most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. Temple enjoys a robust economy and a cost of living that's lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the "Wildflower Capital of Texas," Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
Location/Facility- UHS Hospital, Temple, TX
Description- Devote 70% of the workday treating patients in a clinical setting, 10% as Vice Chair of the Department of Psychiatry, 20% to UHS administrative responsibilities.
- Cooperate with the UHS Hospital executive team to initiate procedures, regulations and programs to benefit the patients and support the health center fiscally;
- Assume responsibility for clinical services;
- Monitor clinical performance and find ways to improve it both administratively and clinically;
- Institute a behavioral framework for all healthcare providers at the clinical services location;
- Create benchmarks for key performance indicators;
- Train, motivate, and oversee all health care providers and support staff
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
Community / Marketing Title: Psychiatry Directorship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.