7/7 off Phlebotomist II
Location: Rowlett, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20004776
The Phlebotomist II collects and processes quality specimens in a safe manner as outlined in BSWH policies and procedures. Aids in the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Phlebotomist II assists with training and auditing of behaviors and performance, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures
- Responsible for high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct.
- Performs job responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Demonstrates engagement with achieving department goals and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate has the knowledge and ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with regulations; has analytical and critical thinking skills; has the ability to comprehend and communicate instructions; is able to multi-task; is skilled in the use of computers and related software applications; has knowledge of safety and infection control standards; and has the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Location/Facility - BSW Medical Center Lake Pointe
- Specialty/Department/Practice - LAB
- Shift/Schedule - 7/7 off 4:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required- Registered Phlebotomy Tech certification from American Medical Technologist (AMT) or a Phlebotomy Tech certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Community / Marketing Title: 7/7 off Phlebotomist II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rowlett, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.