Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20005346
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasound procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, and hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
The job duties of the Ultrasound Technologist include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others.
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patientï¿½s family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patientï¿½s ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for ultrasound procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive ultrasound procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR.
The ideal candidate for the Ultrasound Technologist will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Location/Facility BSW Waco Clinic
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice Ultrasound Tech
- Shift/Schedule Full Time Days
- Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
EDUCATION Grad of an Accredited Program
EXPERIENCE Minimum/no experience required
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS is required.
ARRT-BS Breast Sonography (ARRT-BS), ARRT-S Sonography (ARRT-S), Musculoskeletal Sonography (MSK), Reg Diag Med Sono-Abdomen (AB) (RDMS-AB), Reg Diag Med Sono-Breast (BR) (RDMS-BR), Reg Diag Med Sono-OB/GYN (OB) (RDMS-OB), Registered Vascular Tech (RVT): Must be certified in one of following:
Certified by the ARDMS-American Registry of Diagn Medical Sonographers (OB/GYN) or (AB) or (BR) or (MSK),
Certified by the ARRT-American Reg of Radiologic Tech ARRT (S) or (BS) or must have an RVT certificate. Certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in Vascular Technology (RVT) within one (1) year of position effective date required for employees in departments that perform vascular ultrasound exams.
Community / Marketing Title: Ultrasound Tech
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.