The President acts as the Chief Executive Officer of BSWH Hillcrest. The President will manage the business so as to meet goals as set by Baylor Scott & White Health. The President is a key partner in the top management team of Baylor Scott & White Health that is broadly accountable for the success of all aspects of the operations of the Waco market. He/she has a special obligation to work closely with the other members of the top management team, both to assure continuous integration and consolidation of these activities with theirs.
- The President of BSWH-Hillcrest has overall operational responsibility and oversight for the facility and market. The President will set clear strategies and performance expectations in alignment with BSWH system goals.
- The President will work collaboratively with physician and administrative leadership to ensure the effective operation and future growth of BSWH-Hillcrest and affiliated clinics.
- The President will work closely with Board Members to ensure they are informed for appropriate decisions.
- The President will communicate the needs of the entity/market patients and staff to any decision making groups within the BSWH System and/or regulatory bodies when those decisions affect these groups.
- The President functions as the face of the hospital to the community, and as such will actively participate in professional, civic, educational and service organizations as a representative of BSWH-Hillcrest and BSWH.
- The President will pursue market and competitive knowledge, provide insight on potential growth opportunities for BSWH-Hillcrest and assist in the oversight of major capital projects.
- The President will seek avenues for collaboration with organizations delivering healthcare in the Waco market, especially in times of public health crisis. Collaboration will include residency programs, county health agencies, and competing health systems when required.
- The President will discharge duties with an unwavering commitment to BSWH-Hillcrest and Baylor Scott & White Health's values, serving as a role model in the hospital and community.
- The President is responsible for creating an environment that fosters employee and physician satisfaction, the delivery of safe and high quality care, and financial and operational efficiencies.
- The President will stay abreast of local and national healthcare trends and issues, identifying and responding to those that may impact BSWH Hillcrest.
- The President will perform other position-appropriate duties as required.
- Masters Degree is required
- 10+ years of healthcare experience is required. The ideal candidate will bring a track record of progressive experience in an integrated health system known for high patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Candidates should have functioned as a hospital President or senior operations executive within a facility that is at least of similar size and scope as BSWH-Hillcrest, if not larger. Experience in a system environment is preferred.
- Experience will ideally include oversight of significant capital projects and impact on successful growth initiatives.
- Candidates should have the ability to think outside the box in developing solutions for revenue rejuvenation and controlling expenses.
- Involvement in organizations such as Texas Hospital Association and American Hospital Association is a plus.
- A track record of community visibility, involvement and leadership is expected.
- The President will possess sound judgment in making decisions on complicated matters affecting people, programs, finances and other priorities. He/she will lead by example their commitment to quality, patient safety, and cost effective delivery of services.
- The President will be an even-keeled leader who understand and works effectively with multiple stakeholders to manage complex activities under difficult time constraints and other pressures.
- The President will embrace diversity and seek ways to strengthen diversity at BSWH-Hillcrest.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to successfully convey messages in all settings from one-on-one to community events.
- The President will operate with the highest personal and professional integrity, displaying mutual respect for all, and with an obvious commitment to leading in a manner consistent with the BSWH Hillcrest Christian and Baptist ideals.
Goals & Objectives
Over the first 18 to 24 months the President will be expected to achieve the following:
- Develop strong working relationships and establish credibility with key stakeholders of BSWH-Hillcrest; this will include staff, physicians, and Board Members, as well as community leaders.
- Continue to engage all levels of the organization.
- Promote partnership and collaboration across BSWH.
- Hardwire LMS (Lean Management System) principles within BSWH-Hillcrest.
- Continue to create positive and motivating atmosphere among staff and leadership as the organization adapts in a post COVID environment with diminished resources.
- Promote a culture that takes exceptional care of each patient, while holding leadership team accountable to attain top tier patient satisfaction metrics.
- Continue to improve the operating margin of BSWH-Hillcrest with focus on cost management and elimination of waste.
- Expand market presence to enhance the BSWH Hillcrest ability to provide optimum care to its patients.
- Fully embrace talent management and succession planning.
- Meet benchmarks for safety and quality outcomes.
- Meet benchmarks for employee engagement.
- EDUCATION - Masters Degree
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 10 years experience required
Community / Marketing Title:
SVP President BSWMC - Hillcrest
Waco, Texas US
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.