Infection Prevention Practitioner Part Time
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20005514
PART TIME 20 Hours a week
Position will support Baylor Scott & White clinic and hospital infection prevention initiatives
The Infection Prevention Practitioner I provides surveillance, analysis, interpretation and reporting of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI); educating employees about infection prevention; and the development of health system policies and procedures to endure rigorous infection control standards that meet JC, OSHA, Centers for Medicaid/Medicare Services, Centers for Disease control and prevention (CDC) and other nationally organized agenciesï¿½ recommendations and requirements.
The job duties of the Infection Prevention Practitioner I include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates infection and control activities applying Epidemiologic principles and statistical methods, including risk stratification, and design and evaluate prevention and control strategies.
- Conducts on-going surveillance using Center of Disease Control (CDC) infection criteria, documentation, and investigation of nosocomial infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, Isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, post-discharge surveillance, and autopsy findings.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of surveillance plan and modifies as necessary. Reports all in-house patients with communicable disease to the appropriate health authority. Maintains compliance with national standards and regulating bodies such as JC, CDC, OSHA, and FDA.
- Plans, organizes, develops and implements educational programs for employees to increase employee awareness of existence of Nosocomial Infections; Techniques for employees and patients.
- Participates in quality/performance improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring nosocomial infections and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Develops systematic processes to gather feedback regarding design and usability of output.
The ideal candidate for the Infection Prevention Practitioner I role will be able to participate in continuing educational activities, professional meetings and peers networking, and review published literature to maintain current knowledge commensurate with the latest research and scholarly knowledge pertaining to healthcare and infection and control.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Infection Prevention
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½PART TIME
- Hours can be flexible such as 4 hours - 5 days a week or flex 3 days one week and 2 days the next
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - Associate's Degree
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 1 year experience required in health care preferably in Infection Prevention
Community / Marketing Title: Infection Prevention Practitioner Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.