Medical Assistant II
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20005775
- Handle patient preparation including taking vital signs, assessing condition, performing electrocardiograms, applying sterile dressings, assisting with pap smears and sutures, monitoring response to treatment and medication, and documenting changes in condition.
- Telephone prescription refills to Pharmacy and document in medical record.
- Perform routine Laboratory functions and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived laboratory tests.
- Make routine x-rays of designated body regions while attending to patient's physical well-being and lifting patient onto and off table.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors such as voltage, current, exposure time, and focal distance based on patient size, physical condition, and suspected pathology by using ALARA guidelines.
- Check radiology equipment to ensure proper working order and notify personnel for repairs.
- Process and review film to provide diagnosis-related information to Physician such as positioning, range of motion, and degree of pain.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to be in compliance with Texas Regulations for control of radiation.
- May attend meetings to monitor industry regulations.
- Prepare Examination Rooms with sterile instruments.
- May order Medical Laboratory supplies to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- May clean and maintain Laboratory, Examination Room, and other ancillary equipment.
- May assist with front office duties such as scheduling, telephones, and filing.
- Specialty/Department/Practice -Dallas, Tx (Central DFW)
- Shift/Schedule -Full time, M-F
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- 2+ years of experience required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire
- H.S. Diploma/GED equivalent experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.