Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20006012
Under general direction, the Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist operates CT equipment to obtain high quality CT examinations of various body parts as ordered by the physician. The CT Technologist prepares patients, processes images and assists physicians as needed. The CT Technologist ensures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols, and answers questions.
The CT Technologist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates patient's history and symptoms for the procedure's clinical criteria.
- Assists patient in dressing for exam and attends to patient's physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and table, and positioning for exam.
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patient's ability to tolerate exam.
- Verifies the requisition/chart for priority, date, ordering comments, physician's notes, precautions and patient consent forms.
- Administers intravenous injections of contrast material; observes patients for adverse reactions.
- Performs high quality CT examination according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate for the CT Technologist role will be able to demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ BSW Memorial Hospital Temple Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - CT Tech
- Shift/Schedule - Variable
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
ARRT-CT Computed Tomography (ARRT-CT): Must be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Computed Tomography (CT).
Basic Life Support (BLS): Basic Life Support is Required.
Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
ARRT-N Nuclear Medicine Tech (ARRT-N), ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R), Cert Nuclear Med Tech (CNMT): Must also be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography (R) or in Nuclear Medicine (N) or by Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board as a Certified Nuclear Medicine Tech (CNMT).
Community / Marketing Title: CT Tech
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.