Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20005739
Under general supervision of a Radiation Oncologist, the Radiation Therapist performs radiation therapy procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
The Radiation Therapist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs high quality radiation therapy procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patients ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for radiation therapy procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive radiation therapy procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management or appropriate department.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the radiation therapy suite and radiation therapy department by screening them according to policies and procedures approved by the department.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR.
- Participates with management on quality assurance/control programs to ensure quality exams are performed equipment is tested and maintained and department performance monitors are met.
- Acts as a Preceptor by providing training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the Radiation Therapist role will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Location/Facility - Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Radiology
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, its accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Basic Life Support (BLS)
ARRT-T Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T): Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T).
Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
Community / Marketing Title: Radiation Therapist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.