Perioperative Billing Coord
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20005957
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, the Perioperative Billing Coordinator is responsible for the daily review of Perioperative clinical documentation and processing of charges related to surgical cases. The Perioperative Billing Coordinator receives supervision and direction from the Financial Supervisor and Sr. Director of Perioperative SCS/Business Ops.
The Perioperative Billing Coordinator job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review of medical record documentation for all Perioperative areas, review and follow-up of accuracy of documentation required for billing of procedures and assuring processing of charges to Scott & White Billing Systems.
- Maintain site specific surgical case volumes and distribution to hospital leadership on daily basis.
- Review of electronic clinical documentation for all surgical cases to determine accuracy of documentation and identify any missing information that is required to accurately process charges.
- Communicates documentation discrepancies to clinical staff and managers to ensure prompt correction and billing of cases. Elevates issues to Financial Supervisor as needed to prevent delays.
- Works with responsible Finance Manager to facilitate the creation of new charge codes for new items to ensure appropriate mapping within the management information system.
- Compiles daily charges and prepares records to be sent to patient accounting system.
- Researches pricing information for miscellaneous implants/supplies and applies appropriate mark-up formulas to ensure consistent billing practices.
The ideal candidate for the Perioperative Billing Coordinator role will possess knowledge of Perioperative operations and/or billing experience, and be flexible in responding to multiple supervisors.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Clerical
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full time
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Perioperative Billing Coord
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.