Clinical Molecular Technologist
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20006519
The Clinical Molecular Technologist performs high complexity clinical molecular assays in a fast-paced laboratory setting utilizing molecular knowledge/skills gained through clinical molecular experience, training and formal education. This role will develop, validate and implement high complexity molecular assays to improve transplant outcomes and further the advancement of personalized medicine as well as promote and maintain regulatory compliance through all phases of validation, testing, QA and QC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Perform high complexity molecular testing of clinical samples utilizing multiple NGS platforms and applications, molecular testing utilizing PCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acid purification and molecular testing in compliance with departmental procedures, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Provide quality assurance and control as related to all molecular procedures implemented and performed by the laboratory.
- Conduct instrument evaluation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshoot nonconforming data, assay performance and instrument function.
- Perform critical analysis, interpretation and accurate reporting of results.
- Educate and train laboratory staff in molecular techniques and assays.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
QUALIFICATIONS SIGN-ON BONUS: $3000.00
- LOCATION - BUMC Transplant Immunology Laboratory
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 2 years experience required of Clinical Molecular
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB)
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Molecular Technologist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.