Strategic Supply Chain Operations (SCS) Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20006666
The Strategic Supply Chain Operations (SCS) Manager for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH), under the direction of the Strategic Supply Chain Operations System Director, provides leadership for all aspects of inventory management, operational process improvement, business analytics, and project management. The SCS Operations Manager leads initiatives and projects, performance indicators, budget and cost reduction analyses, inventory management/optimization, and innovative process improvement while ensuring high level customer service to service line and supply chain leadership members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
In addition, the Supply Chain Services Manager for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Performs leadership role in all facility SCM inventory management and related lean management processes. Ensures efficiencies in logistics and practices. Oversees all functions of inventory management processes of supply chain managed inventory. Assists facility SCM director/manager in establishing, maintaining, and managing policies and procedures. Maintains orderly and organized work area to facilitate efficient processes.
- Provides strong leadership/ownership role in System inventory management. Leads in preparation and department education of inventory process method, definition, and standardization. Leads in preparation, review, and submission of inventory updates into ERP. Reviews reports, makes corrections, and analyzes variances. Focus on exceptions in Fill Rate, stock outs, excess and obsolescence.
- Engages in problem-solving/improvement techniques during daily operations. Leads in definition and implementation of Stock level planning. Proactive review of accuracy of min/maxes, par levels, reorder points, demand/consumption, Quantities on Hand, and cycle counts process.
- Develop, Analyze, and resolve all necessary SCM reports to support inventory management and performance measure initiatives. Oversees accurate process documentation to support lean management culture.
- POU inventory system management
- Lead or participate on project teams as assigned; coordinate team activities, develop/implement/execute project plans. Develop reports and associated materials to update project status.
- Ensures standardization of processes based on SCS best practices to maximize efficiencies od SCS as a whole.
- Communicates with BSWH customer service and vendor customer service for problem resolution on supply issues. Provides concise and timely communication to facility departments on a consistent basis.
- Participates in project meetings to include presentation of analyses, information, or procedures. Teams with the SCS System Directors in development/implementation/execution of the metric related improvements and best practice initiatives.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Bachelors or Equivalent Experience; Masters degree such as MBA is preferred
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
- Professional certification, such as Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Lean Certification, Certified Material Resource Professional (CMRP) or other recognized professional certification is preferred
The SCS Operations Manager for BSWH must possess the following attributes/skills: self-motivated, desire to have impact, task/time management, effective issue resolution/resourcefulness, financial and business acumen, data analysis, report and presentation design, project management, lean management, and strong EQ and soft skills. The SCS Operations Manager utilizes proficient skills in effective communication and serves as liaison for SCS with key departments, service lines and supply chain leadership. Strong skills in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Supply Chain ERP.
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Supply Chain Operations (SCS) Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.