Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20007037
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest non-profit, private healthcare system in Texas. As we expand our department, we are seeking an outstanding BC Forensic Psychiatrist to join the Psychiatry Department in Temple, Texas, which is located an hour north of Austin.
The Forensic psychiatry position includes opportunities to develop a forensic psychiatry consulting service in the Bell County judicial system.
Baylor Scott & White Health Psychiatry Department offers:
- Full range of psychiatric services, including outpatient clinic, embedded psychiatry services in primary care, telemedicine, consultation-liaison, emergency room, inpatient, ECT, and rTMS.
- Opportunities to teach medical students and residents
- A vertically integrated multi-disciplinary healthcare team in which we can refer patients to every specialty
- 1:16 call rotation, weekday call taken from home by telephone; In person weekend rounding in the hospital on a rotation schedule among all faculty physicians
- An electronic medical record and documentation with excellent transcription software
- A nurturing, growth-minded and collegial culture
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and retirement package and in an area with affordable cost of living
All of our psychiatric services are currently offered at various locations:
- Inpatient, emergency, and consultation services are at Baylor Scott & White Memorial Medical Center, our 636 bed academic, level one trauma center and multi-specialty clinic.
- Outpatient clinics in integrated mental health settings working closely a multidisciplinary team and seeing patients on referral from primary care and specialty physicians. Department clinics are Mental Health Clinic-Temple, Child Mental Health Clinic-Temple and Mental Health Clinic-Harker Heights
- Embedded services to several local and regional primary care clinics
- Telemedicine services to other BSWH facilities
About Temple, TX:
Temple is a fast growing community that is centrally located among all of the major cities in Texas, only 1 hour north of Austin, 2 hours north of San Antonio and 2.5 hours south of DFW.
This Central Texas city has it all: an interesting history, top-class performing arts, and a wide variety of attractions, all set on a beautiful backdrop of sloping hills and wide-open farm land. Temple has enchanting scenery, small-town charm, and wealth of things to see and do makes it a compelling place to live.
Temple sits a few miles east of the picturesque Lake Belton, a nearly 12,400-acre reservoir where you can embark on a nearly limitless amount of adventure. Area golf courses and nature preserves provide a great way to get out and explore the countryside as well. Although there is plenty to experience outdoors, Temple is not just a place for nature lovers. Those who seek the sweet sounds of a top-class symphony should check out the Temple Symphony Orchestra. If you are more into the theater, attend a musical or a play performed by the Temple Civic Theatre. Temple has a fascinating history, beautiful scenery, and big-city culture making it a great choice for living in the Lone Star State.
Baylor Scott & White Health includes 49 hospitals, more than 900 patient care access points, more than 6,000 affiliated physicians, 40,000 plus employees and the Scott & White Health Plan. U.S. News & World Report ranks Baylor Scott & White Health hospitals amongst Texas' Top 10. Our flagship hospital in Temple (Baylor Scott & White Memorial Medical Center)is consistently listed among the "Top 100 Hospitals" in the U.S. and is the primary clinical educational site for the Texas A & M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine.
To learn more, please send a brief introduction, your CV and inquiry to:
Jackie Ringgold, Physician Recruiter, at Jackie.Ringgold@bswhealth.org
- requires a Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- requires a license to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- requires current board certification in your specialty or demonstration of active board pursuit as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
Community / Marketing Title: Forensics Psychiatry
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.