Director Physician Compensation Strategy And Planning
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20007194
This position will provide management and leadership over the physician compensation function by developing compensation strategies/models and measuring the effectiveness of physician compensation plans to ensure the overall physician strategy is supported. Responsibilities will focus on the administration of physician compensation through plan development, implementation, and ongoing operational management. The position will be involved in all aspects of physician compensation determination and supervise contract administration, regulatory compliance, and fair market value assessments.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
- Act as primary liaison between employed physicians, general counsel, and third parties with regard to physician compensation issues, coverage agreements, corporate overhead allocations and other financial matters impacting physician compensation.
- Develop physician compensation models that support physician initiatives and controlling costs, while enhancing physician performance and rewards associated with performance. Make recommendations regarding physician compensation issues based on knowledge of Stark, Federal and State Anti-Kickback statutes, applicable IRS regulations and Intermediate Sanctions, the Texas Medical Practice Act, the FTC and other regulatory agencies.
- Lead the development of physician compensation arrangements that align with organizational objectives and meet regulatory requirements.
- Plan, develop, and implement policies related to physician compensation methodologies. Develop and supervise reliable, timely, and efficient processes for managing physician compensation arrangements.
- Develop management tools and metrics to monitor the performance of physician compensation relative to the budget.
- Provide routine reports and support to physicians and other relevant stakeholders regarding compensation levels.
- Prepare and present physician compensation data to the Audit and Compliance Committee. Complete special assignments to retain key physicians/practice groups to support the BSWH service line strategy.
- Oversee compensation governance committees and periodic review processes. - Manage resources, including operating budget, and oversee the professional development of supervised staff.
- Educate and answer questions regarding changes to compensation methodologies and/or regulations.
- Provide guidance on intercompany transactions regarding bottom line funded clinics, budgeting, and uses of Mission Grants. Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Subject matter expert on regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements for physician agreements.
- Ability to maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including physicians, hospital and medical group administration, and compensation staff.
- Capability to analyze and present complex data to a variety of audiences.
- EDUCATION - Bachelors Degree
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 7 years experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Director Physician Compensation Strategy And Planning
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.