Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20008373
External Description: The PACS/RIS Administrator is responsible for the daily operation, management, and improvement of work processes in Radiology, and, as needed, for Breast Imaging, related to the computer systems used to support Radiology operations. These systems include PACS, RIS, Voice Recognition and others that may be used in the department. This position requires a healthcare/healthcare IT background for assisting in system selection, configuration, conversion, implementation, security and on-going utilization of the applications. This person functions as the primary contact for operational issues and provides training for end users. The PACS/RIS Administrator monitors system activities/resources and diagnoses system hardware and software problems, performs monitor calibrations, validates computer workstations, resolves problems according to established policies and procedure. The PACS/RIS Administrator effectively communicates upgrades/downtimes to end users and supports operational activities during the downtime and recovery process.
* Communicates with staff and patients clearly and in a professional manner
* Demonstrate coordination and leads groups focusing on patient safety, customer service, performance improvement, environment of Care, Employee Engagement, Physician Engagement, Quality Improvement, Inter-Departmental Relations, etc
* Participates in shared governance, department, hospital, or professional organizations and committees. This can also include LEAN initiatives, 5S projects, inter-departmental committees, I-Care, CUSP, or any professional organization participation, QC assurance with radiologist, etc.
* Oversees the committee if necessary
The ideal candidate for The PACS/RIS Administrator must have experience with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills that also maintains professionalism and objectivity in member interactions.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] (i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care)
Shift/Schedule ï¿½ [Enter Shift & Schedule] (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30 hours/week_full-time_part-time)
Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 3 years experience required
Community / Marketing Title: PACS/RIS Administrator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.