Patient Service Spec I- Medical Center
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20008510
The Patient Service Specialist I provides a range of entry level intake and associated services pertaining to admitting patients. The Patient Service Specialist I facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support. In addition, the Patient Service Specialist I performs the following functions:
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing.
- Inputs patient registration information into the computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required.
The ideal Patient Service Specialist I is organized, detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills.
- Location/Facility - Baylor Regional Medical Center at Hillcrest
- Specialty/Department/Practice - General Surg-Admin
- Shift/Schedule - Mon-Fri 8-5pm
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Service Spec I- Medical Center
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.