Mammography Technologist Austin
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19010101
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the Mammography Technologist performs mammography procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols. The Mammography Technologist performs high quality mammography procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely manner. The Mammography Technologist maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
The Mammography Technologist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others.
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patientï¿½s family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patientï¿½s ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for mammography procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive mammography procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management or appropriate department.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR.
- Acts as a Preceptor by providing training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the Mammography Technologist role will be able to perform high quality mammography procedures according to exam protocol in a timely manner. The ideal candidate for the Mammography Technologist role will also be able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times, providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing Press Ganey scores and developing action plans when required.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Oakhill, Austin Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Mammograghy
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time Days
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Mammography (ARRT-M) Certification
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Mammography Technologist Austin
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.